Entry may be refused to passengers not holding sufficient funds,return or onward tickets, and other necessary travel documents.
- Passport valid past the date of expected departure from Uganda required byall.
Required by all except the following:
Nationals of Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Burundi,Comoros, Cyprus, Eritrea, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Jamaica, Kenya,Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Rwanda, St Vincent & theGrenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Swaziland,Tanzania, Tonga, Vanuatu, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Nationals of these countries are issued gratis(free of charge) visas upon their arrival. You do not need to make anyapplication to Uganda High Commission.
(b) Transit passengers continuing to a third country by the sameor first connecting flight within 24 hours, provided holding confirmed ticketsand travel documents and not leaving the airport.
Requirements for a Business Visa:
Requirements for a Tourist Visa:
- Visas may be issued at the point entry on arrival in Uganda; check with yourlocal Embassy or Consulate of Uganda for further details.
Single-entry: Three months from the date of issue;
Multiple-entry: Six months from the date of issue.
Application should be delivered to:
Consular Section, Uganda High Commission New Delhi, India (see ContactAddresses section).
a) Passport valid for at least six months.
b) Copy of the foreign passport(Data page)
c) Completed application form (the form is available on the site).
d) One recent passport-size photo (with full name printed on the back of one).
e) Visa fee $50 .
Working days required: Two.
APPLYING FOR THE E-VISA
The E-Visa is a separate system to visas issued at Uganda HighCommission. It is controlled from Uganda and not by Uganda High Commission, NewDelhi.
1. Visit https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
2. Complete/upload information as required
3. Upon submitting your application you should receive a notificationwith an application number you can use to track your application. Visas areusually approved within 3 working days, however, applicants should ensure theyapply at least five working days before their intended date of travel.
4. Upon approval of the application you should receive an e-mailnotification with the next steps, with an attachment of the e-visaapproval/authorisation to travel.
5. This attachment should be printed and presented to the immigrationofficer upon arrival to Uganda.
6. Payment will be made at the point of entry. Please refer to: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/#/help/visa
7. The visa will be issued at the selected point of entry after afinal clearance by the immigration officer.
IMMIGRATION INFORMATION FORINTENDING VISITORS TO UGANDA
1. Visas for Uganda may be obtained at Uganda Missions abroad, atthe Port of Entry or via the E-visa system.
2. Entry should be made only through the country's gazetted portsof entry/exit.
3. Every visitor will be required to carry a passport withvalidity beyond six months.
4. All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrivaldeclaration cards on arrival. The cards are available at the arrival lounge.
5. No arriving visitor should carry or convey substances or goodsprohibited by customs. (Contact Uganda Revenue Authority website: www.ura.go.ug fordetails on prohibited substances under the "Customs Tax Guides tab).
6. Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise theywill be subjected to a fine.
7. Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted onarrival, extension of the period should be sought from the ImmigrationHeadquarters in Kampala before expiry of the initial visitors pass.
8. All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and othernational laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
Please visit the Ministry of Internal Affairs website: http://immigration.go.ug/ forinformation on how to apply for:
1. Work permits
Class A(Government Diplomatic Service)
Class A2(Government Contracts)
Class B(investment in Agriculture)
ClassD(Business and Trade)
Class F (Professional)
Class G 1(volunteers, NGO workers, Missionaries)
Class G 2(Employees)
2. Certificate of residence
3. Dependant pass